Saturday, September 22, 2007

BLOG OR E-ZINE?

Find a news or current events ezine and blog and compare and contrast the two. Then summarize the two links you found.

My research is going a little better the more I do it. This time I went to a known source such as Time Magazine. I found my ezine rather quickly and it had one beautiful amazing picture and was about how for the first time in recorded history the Northwest Passage was ice free all the way from the Pacific to the Atlantic. How global warming has made the Artic more accessible and everyone is trying to claim control over the trade routes. Why you may ask? I found it interesting that the answer is because of the riches everyone believes is under the ice. You can read more at;

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1663445,00.html

For my blog I used Time once again, I had to for my sanity. I went to the clear politics blogs, I don't know why. I think I have had enough politics with the up coming election and all. Anyways The first blog was about the who else than Hillary Clinton and complaints from organized labor, about Mark Penn her chief strategist.... It went on to say Obama leads Clinton and Thompson surges at http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/. The blog was outdated as this article was dated June 5, 2007.

Compare and contrast the e-zine and the blog.

To me the two are similar in many ways. They're not too fancy, as each individual article has only a picture or two. The writing was the same, as it was easy to read. Both are just about the topic being discussed with not all the frills of pictures. They both had a lot of ads. I would say the blogs are easier to access because they are free. The e-zine are not usually free. They usually want your life history to view a free e-zine, so they can continue to bug you until you subscribe to one. Time actually gave you more information than the normal e-zine. I assume this is because they're a big corporation and can afford to do a better job. The e-zine and the blog both covered the elections and had some of the same articles. I trusted the Time e-zines and blogs a little more than other sites I have visited for the obvious reason of it's history of being around for a long time. I would trust the source from a newspaper or magazine much more than a blog because the people on the blog sites have nothing to loose. A newspaper is out to make money and has to be creditable and so do their employees, in order to keep their jobs. I would trust an e-zine magazine a little more than a blog because they already have some sort of business established.

The more assignments and the more research I do, the more I feel the material I've seen strongly supports my thesis. The computer is a good tool that so many use today. It seems that everybody has something to say and does so with the advantage of technology that we're so lucky to have. I still believe that media is the best source for information and the one most enjoyable for me.

No comments: