Friday, September 7, 2007

Blog or Bologna

I think blogging has significantly impacted the print journalism industry. In my research I found pros and cons like with anything else. One thing I did not find, was a site that would state information being read in blogs was factual. One site did how ever mention that you can't trust what they say on TV in the news.

I think there is an audience out there and to me it's geared towards a younger group. Kids are always on the computer and if there's a hot site then they'll at least check it out. So the key is to WOW people, be captivating or you'll just get lost out there with the many other bloggers. Is that true journalism?

The good thing about blogging is it gives some really talented people the chance to share their information without all the red tape or constantly being rejected. The bad thing is not all people are responsible or creditable. So you never know if the information you receive is true or it's someone just looking for attention. It's an easy way out, you by pass the gatekeeper and you don't need to get the quality education needed to be a good journalist.

No comments: